Many of the people we support live in their own homes and Partners in Support provide a staff team who are specially recruited for them. Some people have 24-hour support with somebody sleeping in their home overnight whilst others have fewer hours of support.
We start with a blank piece of paper and take into consideration areas such as:
- Where the person wants to live
- Whether they want to live alone or with others
- Who are the most important relationships in their lives
- The amount of support they require
- What they would like to achieve from their support each day
- The types of people they would like to have supporting them
Our support works best when all the important people in the individual’s life work together in partnership with the best interests of the person always central to our thinking.