Our mission is:
“To empower people to live fulfilled and valued lives in their own way, breaking down barriers to support people to contribute to society and having meaningful relationships”
We believe that all people with learning disabilities and / or autism should have the opportunity to have fulfilled and valued lives in their own way. For us this means people:
- Having support to make decisions about the direction of their lives
- Experiencing new and enriching life experiences
- Participating and contributing as members of their communities
- Having meaningful and loving relationships outside of their paid support
- Remaining safe and healthy
- Being able to express their own cultural and spiritual beliefs
- Being able to take risks positively
To support this, Partners in Support will:
- Work in partnership with people, their families and any external support.
- Employ the best staff possible for each person, involving people and their families in the recruitment process
- Stay small and local, continuing to only work in Hertfordshire. This provides a strong foundation for close relationships with all the people we support and their families.
- Be open and transparent, we will not be afraid to learn from others as well as sharing and role modelling best practice ourselves
- Not use agency staff to support people, promoting consistency through our own staff that we have recruited and trained