SALARY: £21,000.00 PER ANNUM
We are recruiting for a full time Lead Support Worker for a man with a learning disability, autism and epilepsy who lives in his own home in Watford. This is a 2:1 service and the gentleman enjoys being out and about in the community, has interests in Anime, Marvel and Disney and loves the cinema, as well as going to car boot sales and shopping in town.
A key part of the role is to understand the person you are supporting, which will include providing practical and emotional support.
The Lead Support worker will assist the Locality Manager by working on shift providing good day to day support of the staff team as well as assisting the staff to deliver excellent person centred support via supervisions, positive role modelling, team meetings, observations and their own consistent 1:1 support.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following personal qualities and skills:
- Drive and passion
- Patience, confidence and integrity
- Ability to motivate and foster good relationships amongst the staff team
- Effective communication skills and to be able to get on with a wide range of people
- To be able to undertake some administrative tasks in a timely and organised manner
- The ability to be consistent and follow agreements, the support plan and policy at all times
- The ability to identify risks and communicate concerns appropriately
- Able to work flexibly, including weekends, evenings and sleep-ins
- Able to participate in the 1st Level on-call system over set weekends
Minimum of 1 years’ experience of providing person centred support to people with learning difficulties and/or Autism.